Thursday, June 12, 2014

Rebel Belle {by Rachel Hawkins}

Title: Rebel Belle
Author: Rachel Hawkins
Series: Rebel Belle, #1
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Harper Price, peerless Southern belle, was born ready for a Homecoming tiara. But after a strange run-in at the dance imbues her with incredible abilities, Harper's destiny takes a turn for the seriously weird. She becomes a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with agility, super strength and lethal fighting instincts.
Just when life can't get any more disastrously crazy, Harper finds out who she's charged to protect: David Stark, school reporter, subject of a mysterious prophecy and possibly Harper's least favorite person. But things get complicated when Harper starts falling for him—and discovers that David's own fate could very well be to destroy Earth.
With snappy banter, cotillion dresses, non-stop action and a touch of magic, this new young adult series from bestseller Rachel Hawkins is going to make y'all beg for more.


I loved this book. I wasn't sure if I was going to, because when I first heard about it, it didn't really seem like my thing. But I'm so glad I read it, because I loved it. It was hilarious, sassy, and just so much fun.

Harper is totally my kind of girl. Which isn't exactly true, because we wouldn't exactly run in the same circles in real-life. In fact, without getting to know each other, we would probably hate each other. But, Harper sarcasm and sense of humor was so much like my own, I was able to connect with her in a way I usually don't with female MC's. 


Images taken from author's tumblr

I also have a weakness for romances thy start where the two actually hate each other. I don't know what it is, but those are actually my favorite (if done well). David was nerdy cute, which is my favorite type of guy (he won me over at Doctor Who tshirt), and although a bit obnoxious, still loveable. Harper and David always at each others' throats was hilarious and just fun to read about. 

I wouldn't say this had non-stop action, but the action parts were well done. This concept of Paladins was different, and I think Hawkins did a very good job executing them. This isn't usually what I read, but I loved it.

This review can also be found on   Rachel Marie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)


Rachel Hawkins:

Blog | tumblr | Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads








1 comment:

  1. I've heard so many cute things about this one, and I kind of love the cover. Just found your blog, and it's so cute! Love it! Happy reading!

    Cassie @ Happy Book Lovers

    ReplyDelete