Friday, August 29, 2014

Brunette Ambition {by Lea Michele}

Title: Brunette Ambition
Author: Lea Michele
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Received from publisher

The star of the hit show Glee shares her experiences and insider tips on beauty, fashion, inner strength, and more in an illustrated book that’s part memoir, part how-to, and part style guide.
Lea Michele is one of the hardest working performers in show business. Whether she’s starring as Rachel Berry on Glee, rocking a glamorous look on the red carpet, recording her solo album, or acting as the spokesperson for L’Oreal, Lea is the ultimate multi-tasker. She knows better than anyone that it is difficult to be your best self and keep things in perspective when your to-do list is overflowing and you are faced with challenges, so she’s developed a foolproof system for remaining healthy and centered. In Brunette Ambition, she reveals the lessons and advice that have worked for her--from beauty and fashion secrets to fitness tips, and career insights. Supplemented with never-before-seen photos and revealing anecdotes, it’s the book Lea wishes she’d had in her teens and early twenties: A practical and inspirational guide to harnessing tenacity and passion and living the fullest life, no matter what obstacles life puts in your way.

Okay, I really don't know why I originally picked this up. It is definitely not the type of thing I read, and I'm not really a Lea Michele fangirl or anything. But I've had a thing for memoirs lately, and I must admit, I was curious. But I found that I really did enjoy this.

First, this isn't just a memoir. Yes, she talks about her start on Broadway, Glee, but it's also more of a lifestyle book. She talks about health, fitness, food, and fashion. And those parts were really enjoyable. 

I tend to not really keep up with celebrities, but I have to say I really admire Lea Michele. She works hard for what she has, and she takes her work seriously. You can see a genuine appreciation for what she has been given in life. She also knows the importance of taking care of herself and her body so she can continue doing her art. So much today, we see celebs in the news for partying or going into rehab, etc. They take their stardom for granted. I thought Lea's attitude and perspective were very refreshing and inspiring. 

I also love how casual and low-key she is. She freely admits to not being a party girl, preferring to stay in with a movie and go to sleep early. I also loved her tips, from hair masques to food recipes to her style and makeup tips, even workout excercises. Not going to lie, this is a book that I will pick up again and again to reference these tips. 

I loved this personal insight into the life of Lea Michele. I really believe that she is an inspiring role model, one that girls should look up to. She's very open about her family, friends, and keeping a healthy lifestyle, and I think that is something that needs to be talked about more. 

Lea Michele:

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads








2 comments:

  1. I am a fan of hers and I'm going to pick this one up! :)

    ReplyDelete