Monday, August 18, 2014

A Bouquet of Love {by Janice Thompson}

Title: A Bouquet of Love
Author: Janice Thompson
Series: Weddings by Design #4
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Cassia Pappas has found herself in a nearly impossible situation. She wants to spend her time immersed in her new job at a Galveston Island floral shop, arranging blooms and brightening occasions with her lovely creations. But her huge Greek family–especially her father–has other ideas. They’ve all relocated to Galveston to open up a new family restaurant location on the Strand– directly across the street from the Rossis’ popular pizza place–and they want Cassia’s full participation.
To make matters worse, as Cassia is trying to develop a strong professional relationship with Galveston’s premier wedding coordinator, Bella Neeley, her own father is intent on stealing all of the Rossi family’s faithful customers. Not exactly the best way to get into Bella’s good graces!
Still, at least Alex, that hot delivery guy from the nursery, is always hanging around the flower shop . . .

Ah, Janice Thompson  has done it again. I don't know what it is about this author, and this series, but it has completely won over my heart, and this latest installment did not disappoint. In fact, this may be one of my favorites. Favorite main character, favorite family, favorite swoony love interest.

I've mentioned before, in my review of The Dream Dress, how my favorite part of this series and Janice Thompson's books are the characters, the family, and this one was definitely no different. Babbas and his antics had me cracking up. I will say, I wish there had been some more on the sibling side. I don't think we ever heard the little brother's name until finally at the end, he was always just the younger brother, and I was confused for a while on how many of them there actually was. But other than that, I loved it. I will say, I think I have a weakness for anything Greek, so this was destined to be a sure favorite.

Alex...sa-wooon. Did I mention I think he's my favorite love interest so far? Well, he is. I did have the same issue that I've had with the other books, on how it seemed too insta-lovey. I mean, it wasn't the annoying kind of insta-love (insta-lust), but it did seem to move really fast. But whatever. The romance did seem more developed and substantial than in others, though.

And of course, the culture. Loved it. I loved the everyday family interactions, the "battle" between Babbas and Uncle Laz had me cracking up, and of course our lovely Splendora Sisters were back in action. My favorite Rossis were back, as well as Scarlet, Hannah, Gabi and yes, even Guido the parrot. Even Brock and some characters from Thompson's other series, Backstage Pass, (which I haven't read so wasn't too concerned with) made an appearance.

So yes, this book was everything I have come to expect from this series and this author. It made me smile, laugh, swoon. But, as I guess this is the last in this series, I neeeed her to write another spin-off. I'm not ready to say goodbye to these characters!

Weddings by Bella:

Weddings by Design:


Janice Thompson:

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads









No comments:

Post a Comment