Sunday, June 16, 2013

"The Prince" by Kiera Cass

Title: The Prince [novella]
Author: Kiera Cass
Series: The Selection series, novella #0.5
Rating: Three out of Five stars
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Before thirty-five girls were chosen to compete in the Selection...Before Aspen broke America's heart...There was another girl in Prince Maxon's life...

So, this novella actually fell a bit flat for me. I felt that the "summary" was a bit of a lie. It alludes to there being another girl in Maxon's life, and while technically he had a friend who was a girl when he was growing up, she really wasn't anything overly special to him.

Because novellas don't ever get a full five star rating, and I felt deprived of something, I had to give it three stars. I'm not sure what I was expecting exactly, but this wasn't it. I did enjoy reading Maxon's thoughts on the Selection, and seeing his nervousness from inside his head made me chuckle at how hopeless he truly is. It also was interesting to see his father through his eyes, and how absolutely manipulative King Clarkson is.

There really wasn't a girl in Maxon's life. She was a royal of some sort from another country that he saw every once in a while that had feelings for him, but that he didn't return. She was a nice friend for him, because he never had any real friends, but there was nothing between them.

I am still Team Maxon. I will always be Team Maxon, and I really hope America chooses him. Part of me believes that is what's going to happen, but who knows? Maybe Ms. Cass will pull a major plot twist and she dies or something. That'd be interesting. 


Kiera Cass:

Website | Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr | Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment