Title: Girl Talk: Unsolicited Advice for Modern Ladies, an Illustrated Guide
Author: Christie Young
Publisher: Potter Style
Received from publisher
Breaking from the tradition of buttoned-up guides for girls, Girl Talk is an illustrated collection of hysterically funny and necessary reflections on life, love, and making it in the modern world.
Combining etiquette tips with true stories from her own not always quite together life, Christie Young proves herself to be adept around managing life’s vicissitudes. Whether you seek advice on handling running out of booze during the holidays or running into your ex on the subway, Girl Talk offers the keys to coping in a world bereft of rhyme or reason.
Let’s talk about:
• Realizing you look exactly like your boyfriend’s sister
• Overthinking text messages and analyzing emoticons
• Looking calm in a bar alone (without the help an iPhone)
• Accidentally stealing something from the farmer’s market
• Choosing between getting to work on time or showering
• Responding to a sexy text your uncle meant to send to his girlfriend
• Organizing your wardrobe, from crop tops to bolo ties
• Handling a roommate who rents out your living room to strangers
• Kicking your Netflix sci-fi marathon habit
And much, much more.
This was so, so hilarious and just so much fun to read. I loved the hilarity, as well as the blatant truth. Now, this wasn't all sarcasm, as there were many serious and helpful tips along the way. I found myself thinking that all girls I know need to read this book.
I mean, the awesome illustrations on every page just make the book. Then, the light-hearted and humorous way the author tackled pretty much every embarrassing situation known to woman will have you cracking up and not wanting to put it down. The book covers a wide range of topics, from taking care of your body to how to find a roommate to dating and everything in between, this was just a really fun "guide" on being a girl.
I will say, still wasn't taught to kick my Netflix Sci-Fi marathon habit. Oh well, I think I can deal ;)