Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Sherlock Holmes Reading Challenge 2013


Okay, now I know I started a classics challenge. But I hadn't actually started any of the books on the list yet, and then I found this from Mari Reads. Now guys, I love Sherlock. The BBC show, that is. (I actually have not seen Elementary, nor the Sherlock movie with RDJ. I know, I know.)

Anyway, then I bought this, although I have yet to actually read any.
and yes, my bookshelf is so full I have books stacked upon books.
So when I found this, I figured that it would (hopefully) get me to finally read some of it. My goal is to read at least 4 of what's listed below, but since I have not been reading near as much as I want, who knows how much I'll get to. Included in my mega-volume is:
A Study in Scarlet
The Sign of the Four
The Hound of Baskervilles
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes
The Return of Sherlock Holmes
Valley of Fear
His Last Bow

I will be keeping my progress in a tab above, which will replace my classics challenge. Since Sherlock is a classic, I figured I would do this instead. And if this works out, then I will do a full classics challenge next year, like I was planning.

This challenge runs until December 31, so if you would like to join, head over to Mari Reads and sign up! Every book you read and review is an entry to win Season 1 or 2 of Sherlock on DVD.

*Update: Sherlock season 3 has a release date!! January 19 for the US!*


4 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you found it! Can't wait to see what you read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting it! Can't wait to start reading :)

      Delete
  2. You picked one of the BEST classics ever to read!!! I've seen the first movie and it was good but of course definitely sub-par to the book. Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to see the movie too, can't believe I haven't seen it yet! Thanks!

      Delete