Monday, September 16, 2013

Movie Monday #5: Great Expectations

Every nerd girl likes their books. But they also like their movies. When one of our favorite books are made into a movie, we are anxious, excited, scared, and overjoyed. Will the casting be just how we imagined it? Will they completely screw up the plot? Or will, for once, they actually get it right? This feature highlights our most anticipated book-to-movie adaptations.


Title: Great Expectations
Director: Mike Newall
Stars: Jeremy Irvine, Holliday Grainger, Helena Bonham Carter, Ralph Fiennes
Release Date: October 11, 2013 (US. Already released in UK)
Based On: Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

Trailer:

Although normally I prefer the books to the movies, old classics are ones I have a hard time reading. I just can't get into them, and I know I'm not the only one with that issue. Although I do read some classics (like, on my own for fun, not because they were assigned in class) Charles Dickens is just one author I don't read on my own. He has amazing books, and I would like to read them, but I just can't ever seem to do so.

So that is why I prefer movies over books for old classics. It's easier to watch them and see what is happening than to be cumbered down by language and such. This movie looks pretty well done, and hopefully will be good.

So what book-to-movie adaptation are you wanting to see?

2 comments:

  1. This looks pretty good. Helena Bonham Carter as Miss Havisham is inspired casting.
    I feel you on having a hard time getting into Dickens. I read Great Expectations in high school, but my attempts to read A Tale of Two Cities for fun have not been successful. Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very glad we didn't have to read Dickens in high school. Maybe when I'm older ill give him a try lol

      Delete