Monday, August 26, 2013

Movie Monday #2: The Book Thief

Every nerd girl likes their books. But they also like their movies. When one of our favorite books are made into a movie, we are anxious, excited, scared, and overjoyed. Will the casting be just how we imagined it? Will they completely screw up the plot? Or will, for once, they actually get it right? This feature highlights our most anticipated book-to-movie adaptations.


Title: The Book Thief
Director: Brian Percival
Stars: Sophie NĂ©lisse, Geoffrey Rush, Emily Watson
Release date: November 15, 2013
Based on: The Book Thief by Mark Zusak
Trailer:



I know, I know, I haven't read this book yet. I've heard such great things about it, that I've wanted to for so long. But that doesn't mean I still don't want to watch the movie. It looks amazing. Set in Nazi Germany, it follows the story of young Liesel as she is sent to live with her adoptive family. Liesel steals books to share with others, and her adoptive parents are sheltering a Jewish refugee under the stairs. 

I can only do some historical fiction, especially in this era, but this definitely looks like something I am going to have to watch. And hopfully read the book before it comes out!

"Sometimes when life robs you, you have to rob it back"

So what movie are you waiting for?


No comments:

Post a Comment