Friday, April 26, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday [#1]


Hi all! Recently heard about Feature and Follow Friday hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee's View, and thought it would be a fun way to meet some new blogs since we're so new. Now let's see if I can figure out exactly what I'm supposed to do... ;)




Featured question: Is there a song that reminds you of a book? Or vice versa? What is the song & the book?


I have never been one to equate books with music. I know some people do, but I have never been one of them. However, while I was reading the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa (especially The Iron Knight which I just finished) the song Radioactive by Imagine Dragons would be running through my head. I don't know if it's because Lindsey Sterling and Pentatonix just put out an amazing cover, or if the destructiveness of iron to Summer and Winter Fey reminded me of the effects of radiation. I'm not sure. 


For the Follow part: We don't care which. GFC, Bloglcvin', by email, Twitter, all of the above... Just comment which one you followed us with and your FF link in the comments so we can visit you back :)



12 comments:

  1. I can't think of any songs that remind me of a book. I don’t connect music to books, and I usually read in quiet.

    New Follower via GFC
    My FF @ The Creative Forum

    Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually that way. But for some reason, this song was running through my head for this series.
      Followed back :)

      Delete
  2. Love the Iron Fey series, & the song! I never really put the two together but I can picture it :)
    That song actually reminds me of The Host, and I blame that on the movie!
    New follower via GFC, Bloglovin, & Twitter!
    Here's My Post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read The Host yet, although my friends keep telling me I should.
      Followed back via Bloglovin and Twitter :) (didn't see GFC on your site?)

      Delete
  3. Great song! I absolutely love music when I read. For some reason, it helps me to immerse myself in the book. Thanks for stopping by my FF! New follower via GFC, Bloglovin and twitter :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yeah, I usually don't like music when I read, lol. Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
  4. I have yet to start this series but I plan on it this summer, hopefully. Thanks for stopping by and following. I followed back through GFC.
    Jess@FueledbyFiciton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi.. Just hopping through. Love the song.

    New Follower here. Have followed you on GFC, bloglovin' and twitter.

    Linsey @ mybooksnthings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! Followed back :)

      Delete
  6. I don't really connect songs to books, either. I tried a few times to make playlist for my favorite books but I could never come up with the endurance - I always quit after two or three songs :) Also, I can't read when there's music (that I like, that is). I started following back via RSS :)

    ReplyDelete